20 mar 2017

I WENT DOWN A DIRTY DITCH

I went down a dirty ditch
And there I found a flashy bitch.
She was floating in the water
That was red, but also blue.
She was clinging to a big floater
And that made me think of you.

A man there naked with a cup,
Trying to reach the sinking pants,
Heard me arrive an looked me up
Then he dived and disappeared
Like that Russian with long beard.

You remember sure that day.
When we couldn't find the way.
When we stopped in that small town
And we hid in a dark alley
While the troops were coming down,
To disperse the comrades rally.

Down the hill where we almost died
And that now was lit by fire,
A glare consuming all who cried
For the things were getting dire.
They comrades were in arms
And died where today there are no farms.

Only sand...

(Pasadena, 19 March 2017)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento